Monday, April 2, 2012

Books You Shouldn’t Read When. . .

There are times in life when it is inadvisable to read books with certain themes.  Yesterday, while sitting with my dying mother, I read a novel where death was all too real.  At any other time in my life I would have no problem reading that book.  However, with the all too real dying in my own world, reading about someone else’s death experience is not helpful.

Alright, I knew it was coming.  There was sufficient foreshadowing, but I kept going.  I have a problem putting down a book when I have passed the halfway point.  And that’s where I was when I knew death in the text was imminent.  So I plowed through to the end, interrupting my tears to attend to my mom each time she called for me.

Read the first three chapters of my own historical novel.  Eli’s Scrolls: The Search.    It’s appropriate for any time of life.  Like it on Facebook---when you do I’ll send you a link to the first three chapters. Is it something you want to put down or something you want to keep reading?  Please send me your comments.

And for the book that made me cry. . . read it and weep.

Stiltsville: A Novel (P.S.)

No comments:

Post a Comment