Friday, November 2, 2012

The Best Way to Make Money in Any Economy

I have spent most of my life learning how to make money from my babysitting jobs as a youth, to my first 256USCurrency_Federal_Reservejob selling programs at the Ohio State Fair, through all my subsequent jobs:  deli sales, projectionist, waitress, poll-taker, traffic control booth operator, audio-visual aid, multi-media producer, attorney, sales support for a wholesale nursery, landscaper, computer consultant, and the list goes on.  I have also invested in savings accounts (yes, they are a real investment), certificates of deposit, stocks, and real estate.

So, what’s the best way to make money.  Short answer: work for it.  You can make more money over the long-term by working at any job than you can by investing in others’ work (stocks).  You can make more per week than you will receive from a savings account in a month.  How do I know this?  I looked.  $100,000 in a savings account gives you about $500/month at current rates.  Stocks that I invested in 5 years ago, I could only sell at a loss now and the dividends are piddling.  Mutual funds might be a little higher but not much. 

Work requires little monetary investment.  It does require great perseverance, but perseverance pays.

Now this investment advice may not be true for very wealthy people.  But for the rest of us, any job pays more dividends than any other type of investment.  Anyone disagree?

No comments:

Post a Comment